Monday, May 9, 2011

What is Quantitative Easing 2 (QE2) adopted by Federal Reserve System?

Few people asking me about it. I have already posted in my Economic Diary. Also posting it here. Click here.

Should Federal Reserve adopt QE3 after June? I can comment on it after June 2011 when the QE2 session would be ended.

Many people say that QE2 has lots of weaknesses. Yes, I do agree but without QE2, the rate of unemployment would have been 11 percent and the US economy may enter into deflation.

Due to QE2, Long Run Rate such as 10 year or 30 year Treasury Yield have gone down to almost 3 percent. So there may be a boost up in long run spending, is required for reviving the economy.

But the most alarming thing, housing prices are plummeting despite several intervention by Washington.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very nice post. I simply stumbled upon your weblog and wished to mention that I have truly enjoyed surfing
around your weblog posts. In any case I'll be subscribing for your rss feed and I'm
hoping you write once more soon!

my web site :: jobs online from home