Monday, March 14, 2011

62nd wedding anniversary of my parents

My parents got married on March 13, 1949 at Enayetpur, a small village of Sirajganaj in Bangladesh, just 62 years ago from now. We would like to celebrate the day, which is today. My brothers and sisters are celebrating too in their own places. My father was 25 while my mother crossed 16 at the event of marriage.

Both of my parents were from same village, Enayetpur, a small village in Bangladesh beside Jamuna river. Although I was born in Dhaka, I had a strong affiliation with Enayetpur due to my parental homeland. We used to visit their twice a year especially during summer and winter. We have lots of memories over there especially my parents are lying there peacefully with their ancestor now.

My father passed his college life in Rajshahi from Rajshahi College. Later on, he went to Anandamohan College in Mymensing to study bachelor in history, just immediately before the Indian Independence. My mother was a housewife, spent her whole life to raise seven children with her thin hands (as she was a thin lady). So whenever we think about our mother, a pair of thin hand appears before us, with it she served us day and night. May Allah be kind upon them, they way they were on us.

My father saw Mahatma Gandhi in his own eyes. He also met Subash Chandra Basu, Shordal Patel, Moulana Abul Kalam Azad during his early age.

However I have cooked some special foods to celebrate the event. Pictures are given below. This year we did not invite anyone but next year we have plan to do so.












































































No comments: