Saturday, January 22, 2011

My teaching with North Central Texas College

Finally I have got a part time job in North Central Texas College to teach Economics. I have started to teach since Jan 18, the day is also Maria's birthday.

North Central Texas College is a Govt owned institute where they offer various programs ranging from economics to medicine (so far I have seen in their web page).

I have taken already one week lecture. I am teaching Macroeconomics for this semester.

Last week, I  lectured on few issues such as, how the spending affects the economy ? If the spending gets squeezed or increased, how the Govt and Central Bank can compensate it ? What are the issues being debated in US Congress to manage recession ?

I found students in the class are calm and polite. So far I did not face any difficulty to teach. I am putting  lecture notes in my personal website so that students can access to it. You can see my lecture notes page. Click here

I taught Economics almost twelve years in Malaysia and now I am teaching in USA. I have the same feeling that I had in Malaysia.

I need to drive almost 70 minutes in the early morning to reach my office. I come back home at 10.30 am and bring Maria to school.

I am looking for a full time teaching position around and hope so I will get one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great. Happy to hear that. Congratulations.